Example of including error checking routines in RunRev code

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 08:46:18 CDT 2008

Thanks

I will put the report in Mantis.

Also I appreciate that you noticed I wasn't taking advantage of using my
recNum result to set the number of records retrieved by the
VCursor_GetRecords as in this call it is always less than twelve but there
are other ones where using that variable there would be a good idea. I also
detect an interesting prejudice about "SCRIPT language developer" which I
wish you would strive to overcome as it is very important to me that
Valentina be developed for RunRev with equal vigor and it is also equally
important to Valentina that even those markets perceived as not as hard core
as the C++ markets be pursued equally. In fact I suspect that the "SCRIPT
developer/hobbyest" market is larger.

Perhaps if you consider SCRIPTING as a more advanced language and the future
of programming it might be easier. I remember when you weren't a programmer
unless you could write machine code in hex.

I wish there were more examples of correctly using these things in RunRev
for me to copy...