VTable_AddRecords example for RunRev

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 3 10:29:17 CDT 2008

On 9/3/08 5:33 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi William,

> VTable_AddRecords( tblRef, field-values, [fldDelimiter], [recDelimiter] )
>
> Just noticed that is Mantis. It looks very promising as often I have a long
> list of corrections to make to the data in a table and presently I do it
> with complex loops in RunRev Script.
>

> Can someone give me an example of the new API RunRev function which puts
> some records into a table while skipping some that don't need to be changed.
> In other words if you have
>

> field_firstname, field_middlename, field_lastname
>

> in a long list to change but
>

> field_firstname, field_middlename, field_lastname, field_socSecurity,
> field_birthdate
>

> are in the table how do you tell it which fields to change?

1) by code I see that VTable_AddRecord() calls VTable_AddRecords().

2) so we have

// put VTable_AddRecord( tblRef [,Values] [,fldDelimeter] ) INTO VAR

// put VTable_AddRecords(  tblRef, Values [,fldDelimeter], [recDelimiter] )
into VAR

3)  Usage is mirror to VTable_GetRecords().

VTable_GetRecords can return you STRING with few records, right?
VTable_AddRecords() can eat it back to add few records in tables.

So everything is clear I think here.

P.S. If this is not mentioned in V4REV API docs you can add into Mantis
        V4REV/Docs section this issue.