SQL quirkiness

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Wed Sep 3 09:31:40 CDT 2008

Hi,

On 2008-09-03, at 16:23, Steve Albin wrote:

> I only crash when trying to select records where the field begins
> with "s".
>
> I've reindexed the DB with no success.  This same SQL has worked in
> the past - this is a part of my app that I have not changed when
> upgrading to V4RB 3.52.
>
> Diagnose tells me everything is ok with the DB.
>
> Any ideas on what I can look at?

depending on the amount of data try to export and check if there are
some "funny" invisible chars inside of a field. Sometimes when my
users copy content from html-pages, they tend to paste more than what
is good for the app. Before applying some filters in my app I
experienced these issues from time to time (and of course in much
older versions then the current one).

Try to nail down the issue, so iterate over all the

	like 'sa%'
	like 'sb%'

until you find the record that causes the issue.

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord