SQL quirkiness

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Wed Sep 3 09:23:15 CDT 2008

I am using V4RB 3.52 and RB2008r3.

If I execute the following SQL:
    select nid, cTitle from issues where cTitle like 'l%' order by cTitleIdx
I get all the records I expect - all records where the field cTitle begins with the letter "l".

If I execute this SQL:
    select nid, cTitle from issues where cTitle like 's%' order by cTitleIdx
then my application crashes without even going to my exception handler.  The same thing happens in VStudio.

If I use this SQL:
    select nid, cTitle from issues where cTitle like 'so%' order by cTitleIdx
then I get all records where cTitle begins with "so".

I only crash when trying to select records where the field begins with "s".

I've reindexed the DB with no success.  This same SQL has worked in the past - this is a part of my app that I have not changed when upgrading to V4RB 3.52.

Diagnose tells me everything is ok with the DB.

Any ideas on what I can look at?

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ