CollationAttribute messed up handling german umlaute

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at cognosis.be
Tue Oct 7 05:06:28 CDT 2008

Hi Tiemo,

welcome to the list.

I think you are mixing settings

look in the wiki at this page
<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documentation:vkernel:locale:locale&s=collation

it says:

The most intresting for developer is attribute kStrength. Exists the
following values for this attribute:

kPrimary   = 0	- ignore accents and case
kSecondary = 1	- ignore case but differ accents
kTertiary  = 2	- differ case and accents

to me this says that you would need to use kSecondary (ignoring case
but differ on accents)

hth

Bart