CollationAttribute messed up handling german umlaute

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Oct 7 04:59:21 CDT 2008

Hello,

I am new to valentina (working with revolution) and this is my first posting
to this list, so I want to say hello to all.

My issue is that I want always Case insensitivness with all SELECT
statements. So I have set the CollationAttribute of the db “kStrength” to
“kPrimary”. So far so good, selecting upper and lower standard characters
works fine.

BUT selecting the german umlaute is completely messed up. When searching for
“ä” the select result brings not only all “ä” and “Ä”, but also all “a” and
“A”, same with selecting for “a” brings up “a”, “A”, “ä”, “Ä”. So the german
umlaute are handled as their equivalent chars without accents.

I am sure (or at least hoping) that some European user has found a solution
for this before, because I am really not an SQL pro.

Thanks for any suggestion

Tiemo