How to tell a method field to re-index using RunRev API

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Nov 23 13:12:58 CST 2008

On 11/23/08 8:38 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi William,

> I have a method "clients" which is defined as:
>
> if (i_clients_companyname = '', i_clients_Lastname || ', ' ||
> i_clients_firstname || ' ' || i_clients_middlename, i_clients_companyname)
>

> This works fine except that often the sort gets completely wrong when I
>

> "order by clients" and the only solution is to open the database in vStudio
> and re-index.
>

> Two questions:
>

> 1. How do I command a re-index inside RunRev for the table that has that
> method.

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vsql:reference:reference

REINDEX DATABASE
REINDEX TABLE
REINDEX FIELD

> 2. Why does the sort keep getting wacky? I'm not adding any data as I'm
> still working on the interface.

You want to say that you have table with N Records and some indexes.
You do not make any Add Delete Update of records, but index get broken ??

Almost impossible.
You have any way to reproduce this ?