How to tell a method field to re-index using RunRev API

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:38:10 CST 2008

Hi
I have a method "clients" which is defined as:

if (i_clients_companyname = '', i_clients_Lastname || ', ' ||
i_clients_firstname || ' ' || i_clients_middlename, i_clients_companyname)

This works fine except that often the sort gets completely wrong when I

"order by clients" and the only solution is to open the database in vStudio
and re-index.

Two questions:

1. How do I command a re-index inside RunRev for the table that has that
method.

2. Why does the sort keep getting wacky? I'm not adding any data as I'm
still working on the interface.

Thanks, as always for your help,

Bill