[V4MD] Examples, SSL connection to VSERVER -- ONLY for UNIVERSAL V4MD + D11

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Nov 11 15:33:18 CST 2008

On 11/10/08 11:00 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 11/10/08 10:43 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:
>
>> On 11/10/08 10:32 PM, "Michael Lee" <michaeljlee at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you tried out my exact scenario, on a Mac with 3.5.2?   Were you
>>> not able to reproduce the bug?
>
>> Aha, one more difference.
>>     you work with D10, so with V4MD CARBON (CodeWarrior made.)
>>
>> I have test D11 + V4MD Universial (xcode made)
>
> Yes, V4MD 3.5.2 CARBON do crashes.
>
> Thinking ...

Hi Michael,

Well, after 24 hours of fight I give up :-(

* I see that old V4MD (actually VCLIENT) code which was used to work now
fails. I can think only about something broken in OS X 10.5

Problem is that V4MD CARBON is ... CARBON.
But SSL is located in the /usr/lib.libsll.dylib  -- MACHO

Apple did provide in about 2003 year the code example how CARBON app can
load MACHO dylib and use it.

We did it in 2004, and it have worked.

What is changed now -- no idea. Function which must load dylib just return
FALSE. And no way get even error code from it.

I have spend hours to search google, and experiment.
Nothing works.
And nobody in google even not complain on such issue.
Because this is OLD and RARE task.

** So I do not see how this can be fixed for old V4MD CARBON.

*** If you need this feature, you need change to new
        D11 and V4MD Universal.

*** The same true is for V4RB CARBON, although it seems
        most REALbasic developers already use V4RB Universal many months.