documentation -- Separate and Solid

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Nov 6 14:57:58 CST 2008

On 11/6/08 9:01 PM, "Michael Lee" <michaeljlee at comcast.net> wrote:

> What is the difference between  in the Create New
> Table dialog in VStudio?  Is this explained anywhere?

Well, Valentina have only Separate storage.

In other words we name this as VERTICAL columns storage.
Most other dbs use ROW-starage format.

This is explained a little in Kernel Manual.

And this is one of main reasons why Valentina is so fast.

Solid format of tables -- can be added future. Not exists now.

Igor, this option should be at least be DISABLED in Vstudio for now.