[V4MD] Valentina XTRA on Windows?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Nov 6 14:44:09 CST 2008

On 11/6/08 10:25 PM, "Irv Kalb" <Irv at furrypants.com> wrote:

Hi Irv,

> Hi Sean (nice to see you here!),
>
> I did run the Installer.  It looks like it just creates the /Program
> Files/Paradigma Software folder and copies files there.  When it
> finished, I copied the V4MD.Xtra into my XTRAs folder of Director.
>

> OK, based on what you wrote, I decided to reboot my PC.  Now,
> everything is fine.
>
> Ruslan:  I don't see this anywhere in the documentation.  If the
> installer installs stuff onto my machine that can only work after I
> reboot my system, then why doesn't the installer or the documentation
> tell me that I need to reboot my system in order for this stuff to
> work?!?

In fact in most cases restart is not required.

Windows must be able self locate new folder with new DLLs,
Because we have show it PATH.

But this is Windows ... Sometimes it glitches.

We can of course for ADK installers require restart.
I think this will not affect developers.

Kirill? Lets do this for newer builds ?