documentation and crashes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Nov 6 01:04:39 CST 2008

On 11/6/08 3:13 AM, "Michael Lee" <michaeljlee at comcast.net> wrote:

Hi Michael,

> Hello Ruslan - I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'm
> missing something.  I've downloaded the demo version of VServer
> Embedded with the Valentina for Director ADK, and using VStudio to
> set up a database. Everythign is version 3.5.2 Mac.

> I've had
> continual crashes in both Director and VStudio, and have spent days
> trying to get somethign simple up and running.

No need to spend so much time, always ask immidiatly on this list please.

> The documentation I've  found at the paradigma site is incomplete, frequently
> wrong, and out- of-date.

Well, will be great if you do quick of send URL and copy paste text which
troubles you. To this list or to Mantis.

> Incorrect documentation (including incorrect syntax) has
> led to hours and hours of grief!  This list helps a little, but is no
> substitute for reasonably accurate and complete documentation. If
> you'd like I can give examples of what I'm talking about, but for now
> there is really too much to list.  I've been writing software for
> nearly 20 years, so I'm not a novice. Am I missing something? Is
> there better documentation somewhere?

To answer I need more details from you first of all.
I even don't know which exactly document or WIKI page you talking about now.

So lets try fix your troubles here step by step. Okay?

* So you using VSERVER Embedded?

* Do you have license of vserver embedded OR you using DEMO?

    I ask this because
    if you use Embedded License from us, then examples will not work.
    this is pointed in vserver docs.

    in this case you need use for development Valentina Office Server
    license which is also inside of VDN package we have send you.

* Does VSERVER starts and runs fine for you?
    Check its log file.

* what version of Director you are using ?
    If you use D11 this matter

So please provide as many info as possible.