the barriers to new users to valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 26 00:00:13 CDT 2008

On 5/25/08 9:33 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi William,

>From quoted below text I see first of all that you are not happy with
examples that come from RUNREV.

William,

a) RUNREV is not Paradigma Software. You and we need ask KEVIN
   in the urgent way for NEXT build remove any out of date info
   from their docs. We talk about this for months already.
    RUNREV have info from Valentina 1.x

B) you need read docs, check examples and tutorial which go from Paradigma.

    * Docs and tutorial are on our site as PDF and WIKI.
    * Examples are right on your HDD after install in the folder
        V4REV_3/Examples

    * also in the wiki exists Example Guide.

    All links on V4REV docs are here
        http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/products/documentation/V4REV

Now comments to your text

> put revOpenDatabase(valentina, "", "/Users/administrator/Desktop/libDatabase
> 2/Recipes Stack/recipes", , , , ' "")
>

> If you are a new user to valentina and you want to test it with runtime
> revolution you might download the employee database stacks from the
> valentina website (after you find them -- personally I think there should be
> an example stack that downloads with the trial install init).

William, this is problems of Runrev docs!

No need in fact load any files from our site if you use OUR OWN examples.

> When you start the first lesson stack you will get an error message in
> runrev 2.9 because it will not open the database.
>

> If you go into the runrev documentation and try their examples none of them
> work.

DO NOT READ runtime docs about Valentina

> --
> On a positive side. Valentina Studio works great and I've been using it for
> a year now. Also the database query builder in RunRev works fine for testing
> valentina (but there are no examples of how to fill out the fields -- you
> just have to experiment until you get it).
>

> __
> PLEASE CONSIDER INCLUDING A SIMPLE STACK!  Try using Trevor's excellent
> Recipe stack but put in the connection info necessary to connect to a
> valentina database. Include an example valentina database.
>

> Make it simple!  Everytime I try to test Valentina with RunRev I go through
> this and I think I will just tear up the expenses that I have spent paying
> for valentina studio and go with SQLite because there are examples for how
> to use it that work and because the documentation which comes with RunRev
> for SQLite actually work.

If you check VALENTINA examples, you will find 50+ examples. Which go from
simplest just in few lines to more complex.

In above URL you will find SIMPLEST possible tutorial.

So please check all this and let us know if you still have any troubles.

> I hope this email translates showing how frustrated I am. I also hope you
> realize how much I want to use Valentina and how badly I want to be a loyal
> customer. Just make connecting to Valentina using Trever's libdatabase
> functions a little easier. I am so sick of trying

Again, libdatabase -- is product of Trevor. Not of Paradigma.

It is NOT required. And we cannot change it.

I don't know what you want make easier for Valentina in that library, btw,
Because as far as I know, this library try to provide unified interface for
all dbs.