Upgrade from 2.5.8 to newest final version

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Thu Mar 20 08:25:45 CDT 2008

Hi Ruslan,

Am 20.03.2008 um 12:02 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> On 3/20/08 12:58 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Claudius,
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> do I have to look for something when I want to upgrade from V4RB
>> 2.5.8
>> to newest Valentina version?
>
> Well, most probably disk file format was changed,
> So db will not be back opened into 2.5.8 -> make copy

but I can open 2.5.8 with 3.5.2er Version?

> Also DateTime format become more strict. You may get some error
> messages if
> you have not accurate values. You need fix them.

what does this mean?

> DateTimeFormat is not stored in the vdb any more, so you need have
> in the
> code 2 lines to assign it for db after open/create

e.g. I have at the moment in my create statement of the database
following code

       //Datenbankspezifische Einstellungen festlegen
       meineDatenbank.DateFormat=EVDateFormat.kDMY
       meineDatenbank.DateSep="."
       meineDatenbank.TimeSep = ":"
       meineDatenbank.Creator="MoCo"
       meineDatenbank.Create(f, 5, 32*1024)

do I need much more?

Claudius

--
iMac CD 2GHz / MacOS X 10.5.2de / RB 2007r5/ Valentina 2.5.8
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de