Exception finds fault with unique field which was not defined

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Thu Mar 6 04:49:43 CST 2008

Hi,

On 2008-03-05, at 20:12, Werner Ubr wrote:
> When I verify the structure in debug mode the UNIQUE box ist checked
> together with NULLABLE and INDEXED.
> Fiddling around making the field much bigger helped in some cases,
> in other it helped to remove the nullable attribut. But on checking
> during runtime I see that the nullable attribute is set in the
> actual object.

Don't trust the debugger variable pane in RB for sure. If everything
is fine, the variable might be ok, but if something went wrong, then
there might be some wrong displayed variables, too. Of course RB 5.5.x
was ways better on this issue, then current versions, but still there
was some of these issues. Furthermore from time to time there might be
slightly differences between "runtime" and compiled app.

When It comes down to the values of these parameters I would recommend
to display them temporarily on a used Window, or perhaps use a MsgBox
(but this will change event orders again) or log them to a file.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany