Best Valentina way to link Tables

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 07:24:41 CDT 2008

I've been looking at the various ways of linking tables (presently I just
use SQL with a defined unique ID that is SHORT number).

What is the best Valentina way to link Tables with these goals in mind...

1. Almost always links are from one to many and often there is nothing in
the table being linked to.

2. When you delete a row in the main table I'd like anything that links to
it to also be deleted.

3. Ease of use for making a RunRev card with all the fields from the various
linked to tables so that when you ask for the main ID everything comes up
and you can edit and update easily every field that is in the different
tables being linked to all in that one window so it will seem like it is all
one hypercard card with fields on it even though it is many linked tables.

4. I'd like to create all these links in Valentina Studio where I'm doing
all my database design.