3.5.1 server - strange sql results

Robert Nichols robert at formworkdesign.com
Thu Jan 31 09:36:51 CST 2008

A SQL statement that worked fine in earlier versions is giving me
trouble in 3.5.1. I'm using v4rb and vserver.

select trans.**,projects.fullname from trans,projects where trans.type
= 0 and trans.fldDate = '12/31/2007'

Using 3.5.1, the above statement produces a cursor that does not
restrict the value of trans.type to 0. In other words, I get too many
records, some of them have trans.type = 1, etc.

If I eliminate from the query the relationship with table "projects"--->

      select trans.**, from trans where trans.type = 0 and
trans.fldDate = '12/31/2007'

then the cursor only includes records with the correct value for
trans.type.

Is this clear?  It's a showstopper.

robert nichols

formwork design llc