open status

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Thu Jan 17 07:45:05 CST 2008

In your recent replies you explained dbRef very good below
and another answer asked me to explain my task.

The task is simple.  All I wanted to do was use the throwout
command.  It said the database needed to be closed to use
it so I started thinking it needed a file path instead of dbRef.
Then I started looking for a way to make sure the database
was closed so the user would not get an error.

After your explanation and my reading it better I realize the
Throwout command uses a dbRef.  Therefore to use it I will
need to open the database first and then close it before I
can use Throwout with dbRef.

Maybe I need to keep track of databases that have already
been opened to eliminate the confusion.  Is there a problem
with opening a database that has already been opened?  If
not then I could just open it, close it and throwout even if it
was open already.

-=>JB<=-