open status

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 17 04:20:24 CST 2008

On 17/1/08 11:46 AM, "-= JB =-" <sundown at pacifier.com> wrote:

> You are right it says dbRef.  But if the database has not
> been opened how do you get a dbRef.

If you have no dbRef on hands, then you 100% know that it is closed :-)

> Is the dbRef the
> number returned when a database gets opened.

    dbRef = VDatabase_New

    // db still is closed

    VDatabase_Open( dbRef, path )

    // now database is opened.
    VDatabase_IsOpen( dbref )  -> true

    Vdatabase_Close( dbRef )

    // now database is closed.
    VDatabase_IsOpen( dbref )  -> false

> If so
> how do I check to see if database1 is opened and it has
> not been opened yet.  It would not have a dbRef to use.

It seems to me, you think about case -- when one user can open db and
another again try open it ???

Am I right ?

This is called SHARED ACCESS to db file
Valentina not support this.

If you need multi-user access to database, you need use Valentina Server.