Installing V4REV_3_winexe on Vista

Kirill Pekarov kirill_pekarov at valentina-db.com
Thu Jan 17 04:06:04 CST 2008

Hi Mike.

This pain was provided by MS, isn't it?

Please explain to me how you can run our installer on Vista without
admin rights?
I can't run it while I'm not get to Vista the admin password.

I do not see here how I can install it "manually" without admin
rights.

Please describe here more detail which steps you doing to reproduce this.

>> You can assign admin privileges in the install.  My reason for mentioning the
>> problem was to suggest that you change the install.
I can't and I suppose nobody can't.

When I run our installer on Vista it required admin rights, and it is
must be assigned to correctly installed our app. In other case we
can't install bonjuor as service, and, suppose, we can't add path to
the environment where is our dll's are present.

If you know such applications which are install self files into
the "Program Files" folder, install self service and not require admin rights for it.
Please give me names of them.

Please tell me if one of my opinion is wrong.
Tnx.

Kirill Pekarov
Software Engineer Associate
Paradigma Software, Inc