Newbie question: Valentina 2.5.8 & Rev 2.8.1 on OS X: where's the windows vcomponents?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 21 00:58:30 CST 2008

On 21/2/08 5:15 AM, "Russell Martin" <russell_martin at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Russel,

>> you get enticed by it, you are likely to buy the current version; if
>> you don't like it, just toss it away.
>>

> Well, it did come as a surprise. The fact that I had to pick a platform
> only seemed to indicate which platform I would be picking for
> development purposes, not deployment purposes. I've not seen a dev tool
> that advertises itself as crossplatform that deviates from this
> paradigm. Pick your dev platform but deploy on multiple platforms is
> the way I'm used to things working.

Not defending, just e.g. REALbasic have

    a) RB Standard -- single platform
    b) RB PRO    -- allow compile for win.

We do not foolish. Exists 3 kinds of Valentina ADKs

    Valentina Standard      mac or win          $199
    Valentina Pro           mac + win           $299
    Valentina Advanced      mac + win + linux   $399

Should we offer only 3 platforms bundle for $399?
This is not wise of course. Right?
Because many developers want only one or 2 platforms.
You see?

And still in the Advanced product, with Valentina yes exists some kind of
discomfort that you need have Windows itself to prepare app. But as we
always point, you still need Windows at least to test and debug your app, so
Valentina do not bring show stopper requirement here.