Slow start up times

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Feb 16 10:05:15 CST 2008

Ruslan,

as a user I don't care and my customers also don't care. They only
see an application that takes ages to start. For myself, I have been
only developing with Realbasic and Valentina, nothing else. And there
was no disk activity going on. The open applications were Safari,
Mail, Preview, a text editor and of course Realbasic and Valentina.
Both of my machines have 2 GB of memory.

Valentina is inited with 400 * 1024 *1024, because the databases can
get very big.

On 16.02.2008, at 16:14, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> I have give point that most probably this is NOT a Valentina.
>
> I have similar slow downs with ANY app which start on OS right
> after some
> heavy RAM allocations...
>
> So you need watch and find answr on this question:
>
>     do you have such slow down e.g. Right after restart of OS ?
>
>     if you catch it -- remember what you did right before this on OS.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.