Slow start up times

jda jda at his.com
Sat Feb 16 08:36:51 CST 2008

> How can you know that this is Valentina.Init()?
>
> Valentina.Init() do only RAM operation, allocate cache.

Ruslan, isn't it time to get rid of a user-allocated cache on startup?
Why can't Valentina allocate cache as it is needed, like the OS's?
This is something many of my users have trouble with because they have
to manually modify the cache setting for my app if their databases
grow past a certain point (and these are not necessarily computer-
savvy people). Is this something I should request on Mantis?

Jon