FIXED - deletion of sa

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Feb 13 06:32:39 CST 2008

On 13/02/08 at 12:51 +0100 Thorsten Hohage apparently wrote:
>Hi Jeff,
>
>On 2008-02-13, at 12:29, Jeff Justice wrote:
>>So Ruslan, how is this going to work? If to change the sa user's
>>password we have to delete the sa user, and that is no longer
>>possible, now what?  Is there no way we can just edit the existing
>>password?
>
>May I answer, too?
>
>1. create a new admin user, if only SA exist
>2. log in as newly created admin user or any other admin user, except sa
>3. delete sa
>
>If you want "sa", but with a different password
>a) create user "sa" with password you ever want
>b) assign admin rights
>
>-> you're done!
>
>regards
>
>Thorsten Hohage
>--
>objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany

Ruslan, you seem to avoid answering this question: Is it really the
only way to change a password to create a new user?

If so, changing password for user sa must be a multi-step process to
make it safe.

1. create a new (tmp) admin
2. login as new admin
3. delete sa
4. recreate sa with new pass
5. login as sa
6. delete tmp admin

Changing passwords for existing users is such a basic function that
it should be simpler than that.

Robert