FIXED - deletion of sa

Jeff Justice listaccount at starionline.com
Wed Feb 13 05:29:14 CST 2008

Yes, but fortunately, this was just a simple setup for testing
purposes, so it wasn't the end of the world.  In fairness, he did
mention that he thought deleting the admin account would cause him to
not be able to log in again.  However, keep in mind that this was a
test scenario, and VStudio gave no indication of completing the delete
request.  I told him that it was a test database and to do what he
wanted.

I think the point is that when it comes to user interface, you can
only count on users trying anything and everything.  I have had users
go out of their way to click on every single interface item on the
screen, whilst holding down 12 keys with fingers and toes, just to see
if they can make it crash.

Now Ruslan has already said the ability to delete the sa user has been
removed.  That's a good start.  They could also provide some feedback
such as refreshing the column, popping up an alert that said "hey are
you sure you want to do that, this is the admin account you won't be
able to log back in", or something like that.

So Ruslan, how is this going to work? If to change the sa user's
password we have to delete the sa user, and that is no longer
possible, now what?  Is there no way we can just edit the existing
password?

Jeff J.