Getting out...

Mr. Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 11:01:04 CST 2008

Hi Beatrix,

On 12-feb-08, at 17:40, Beatrix Willius wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> you are a developer, who uses his own product every day. A newcomer
> just wants the new software he/she purchased to work. Valentina is a
> great product. But how many times are there messages from new users
> who have troubles getting started with Valentina? A product without
> a detailed manual is useless. We have told you many times to improve
> the documentation. What has happened? Absolutely nothing. The wiki
> is a mess. The language used is in very cases very terse. As a
> reader I also need to know why something needs to be done and not
> just "do it".
>
> I love Valentina as a database, but documentation and ease of use
> are not it's forte.
>
> And I still need to find out why the obnoxious VStudio doesn't want
> to start on the Leopard machine. This software is a pain to use
> because it crashes so often. And it feels very clumsy.

Can't offer much help here since I haven't had any problem starting
vStudio (and vServer) on Leopard (starting vStudio 3.5.1). It even has
its own Space :-)

I do have an issue with vStudio working over the internet with a
vServer (both OSX).
I connects very quickly, no issue there. However when I switch away to
another program and leave it for a long time, vStudio seems to lose
its connection. The vServer timeoutlength is set to 0, so that should
not be the problem.
Coming back and clicking on one of the databases results in an
unexpected quit.

As I said not much help, just wanting to let you know it runs on
Leopard at least as fine as it did on Tiger.

Bart