Getting out...

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 12 10:40:36 CST 2008

Ruslan,

you are a developer, who uses his own product every day. A newcomer
just wants the new software he/she purchased to work. Valentina is a
great product. But how many times are there messages from new users
who have troubles getting started with Valentina? A product without a
detailed manual is useless. We have told you many times to improve
the documentation. What has happened? Absolutely nothing. The wiki is
a mess. The language used is in very cases very terse. As a reader I
also need to know why something needs to be done and not just "do it".

I love Valentina as a database, but documentation and ease of use are
not it's forte.

And I still need to find out why the obnoxious VStudio doesn't want
to start on the Leopard machine. This software is a pain to use
because it crashes so often. And it feels very clumsy.

On 12.02.2008, at 17:12, Jeff Justice wrote:

> Fine whatever.  It's clear that you're either not getting it or
> your ignoring the issue.  It's about convenience, and doing things
> CORRECTLY.  I just don't have the time to wait for Valentina to get
> convenient.  I waited for MONTHS for VStudio to get even USABLE.
>
> Jeff J.
>

> On Feb 12, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>> This sounds totally odd.
>>
>> We tell you -- Valentina works as service.,
>>    You ask -- "why it not runs by double click?"
>>
>> Now you proudly say -- RSS is service, and not double clickable app.
>>
>> Just no comments already ...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.