Getting out...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Feb 11 16:36:32 CST 2008

On 12/2/08 12:17 AM, "Mr. Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jeff,
Hi Bart,

> On 11-feb-08, at 23:00, Jeff Justice wrote:
>
>> Well folks, I'm jumping ship from Valentina to RealSQLServer.  In 7
>> months of trying to get Valentina Server installed, trying to get
>> Valentina Studio to work without crashing, and trying to understand
>> the quirky installation, execution, and documentation, enough is
>> enough.
>
> Strange, we took the opposite way after months of jumping through
> SQLite hoops......

Jeff have spent only one day there :-)
The more play with product, the more start to know its issues...

>> From the installers to the documentation, to the Valentina Studio
>> app.  Today's experience with RealSQLServer just opened my eyes to
>> how much polishing Valentina needs.

For example?

RSS have 100% the same structure in the /Library.

And I have not see any word in their docs about run from terminal.
I have read it few months ago. What so special you have found there?

>> I never had the overwhelming "need for speed", just needed it to be
>> up and running.  RealSQLServer provided that, the manual is very
>> well written, and the pricing is in line with other solutions.  It
>> runs correctly, it launches correctly, and the admin utility
>> provided everything I needed to get going right away.
>
> Vaya con dios, no really, all the best, hope to welcome you back on
> the list one day.

Yes, as only Jeff (or his users) will meet a query on a table in 1000
records which executes few minutes :-)