Getting out...

Mr. Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:17:40 CST 2008

On 11-feb-08, at 23:00, Jeff Justice wrote:

> Well folks, I'm jumping ship from Valentina to RealSQLServer.  In 7
> months of trying to get Valentina Server installed, trying to get
> Valentina Studio to work without crashing, and trying to understand
> the quirky installation, execution, and documentation, enough is
> enough.

Strange, we took the opposite way after months of jumping through
SQLite hoops......

> I've said it here, and to Ruslan, Valentina may be the greatest
> product in the world, but Valentina is not a polished product.

Polish(ed), of course not it's Ukrainian ;-)

> From the installers to the documentation, to the Valentina Studio
> app.  Today's experience with RealSQLServer just opened my eyes to
> how much polishing Valentina needs.

Well, I'll take raw power over polishing any day. And god (and Ruslan)
knows what else is on the horizon...

> I never had the overwhelming "need for speed", just needed it to be
> up and running.  RealSQLServer provided that, the manual is very
> well written, and the pricing is in line with other solutions.  It
> runs correctly, it launches correctly, and the admin utility
> provided everything I needed to get going right away.

Vaya con dios, no really, all the best, hope to welcome you back on
the list one day.

greetings,

Bart Pietercil