trouble getting started

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 5 01:30:10 CST 2008

On 5/2/08 2:29 AM, "Garth Catterall-Heart" <garth at productivity-software.com>
wrote:

>> First of all check our examples and tutorial.
>
> I worked through the first tutorial, and finally got it to run
> without errors, but my data does not seem to be saved or retrieved.

It works 100%

Than more last week Kirill have spend to improve second lesson of all
tutorials to add protection from error: "Cannot connect to VSERVER".

So wiki text must be 100% up to date.

You can send your stack produced by tutorial to Kirill,
So he will check what is wrong.

> Ii consulted the V4REV_Reference but it just made me even more
> confused. I can't find a VComponents folder

    /usr/local/lib/VComponents  ?

This is folder inside of hidden OS X folder /usr
See please this TIPs

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:osx:tips:tips&s=tips

> or a Revolution/Contents folder

Remind me please -- why you need this?

It seems you are newbie to OS X?
    Any modern OS X application which you can see e.g in Applications folder
    and Revolution.app itself in fact is a FOLDER :-)

    do right click on it, and choose "show Package contents"

> or the Valentina Kernel.pdf.

Site => HOME => Valentina for Revolution => Docs:

    http://www.valentina-db.com/en/products/documentation/V4REV

But this PDF is going to be deprecated in regard to WIKI.
WIKI have analog section:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:documentation

> I would also be interested in
> reading the ValentinaSQL.pdf

See in WIKI  Valentina SQL section

> and ExampleGuide.pdf but they are missing too.

Also in WIKI

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:examples:guide:v4rev:v4rev