Valentina for iPhone - Discussion.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Dec 10 03:34:54 CST 2008

Hi All,

I wonder what you guys think about this direction?
Do you see any benefits if we port Valentina to iPhone?

On first look I see it as providing of
1) libVClient.a
2) libVKernel.a
3) libVClientAndKernel.a

* Do you see ideas of tasks when somebody need power of Valentina to manage
say 8-16Gb database on small iPhone device ?

* Does speed of Valentina will be really exposed on iPhone working with
LOCAL  datbase, taking into account its style of work with data. In
particular I mean that on iPhone we usually work with single current
record... Although we can work with list of 100K records...

* Vclient library to give access to VSERVER of course looks nice
opportunity...Although thinking about this very fast we come to need of sync
data to be able use them offline. So we need really then Valentina loal db,
because it will be not good idea try to map 25 Valentina field types into 5
types of SqlLite.

What you think ?