crash V4MD

Christian - ChrisKatDev.com christian at chriskatdev.com
Tue Dec 9 17:38:39 CST 2008

Le 9 déc. 08 à 22:42, Bart Pietercil a écrit :

> Hmmm,
>
> 1) can you start/stop your movie (read from the 4 db's in between) and
> restart the movie and do another read without problems?

yes because I close all instances and db and when I relaunch I
reintialise my objects

> 2) are you going OO with your approach or procedural?

ultra-oop, no global, only one static instance for app (I work with
Director 10-12 hours per day since 1996 and with Valentina since 2001
or 2002 ;-)

> 3) can you show some code (and the event that triggers the code) for
> starting the connection and the same for closing ?
>
> If you are working OO are you sure their is no way that you have an
> object that refers to your DB object when you try to destroy your db
> object ( this would prevent the destructor from running and thus the b
> from properly closing) ?

All this was verified ... and many other things ;-)

I think it is linked to the presence of the window. Some have
encountered problems with Miaw and Valentina and I think it's the same
problem.

I managed to crash Director (the movie started) by opening a text
window ... but it is not systematic against.

In other movie, I have no problem, but miaw + valentina, sevral crash
per day...

> just some thoughts
>
> Bart

br