V4MD Noob: VOID instead of Vset with zero records?

Sean Wilson snw at paradise.net.nz
Mon Apr 21 15:37:00 CDT 2008

Hi Marc,

>Second: After any manipulatiion of a Vset -> check object type of
>result -> if result is VOID -> create an Vset with zero records
>manually and use instead
>
>the second one is not really an option because it would result in ugly code.

I'm sorry, but you have a non-issue. You are now aware that when you
perform an operation that returns a value to you, you need to check
what sort of value it is before continuing. Welcome to Director! You
call it "ugly code", others might call it "defensive programming", I
call it "standard practice".

Regards,
-Sean.