Program hang at database.close

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 11:08:31 CDT 2008

Hi all

I am using the "classes" method in my Realbasic project on Leopard
10.5.2 and am using Val 3.5.2. I am (I believe) successfully adding
records to two tables in the database but when I execute the
database.close routine the program goes "unresponsive" and gobbles up
great deals of CPU resource and it never comes out of it. If I do a
force quit, it can take quite a while for it to actually terminate (5
minutes on occasion).

Any clues as to how to isolate the problem? The warning log lists a
bunch of segmentsize remaps (I have the cluster segment set at 64K on
database creation). I execute a flush of the database prior to the
close and the log file indicates that went successfully.

Thanks
Neal

--
Neal Campbell