[DISCUSSION] Planning of Vstudio development for Mon - Wed, 24 - 26 Sept

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 24 09:30:39 CDT 2007

---------------
> I can dream up tens of things
>
> As an example
>
> Well one area where this could expand into and (I think) is lacking
> now is data-security.
> With properties on all levels I can make up a system where one group
> of user has MIXED rights of acces on  tables and fields (Read, Write,
> Hidden)
> And access ( read only or RW) to forms and reports)
>
> This WILL become VERY important when databases are deployed within
> entreprises.

Well, but note, this will work in YOUR apps.

But e.g. Valentina Studio will not respect this. For Vstudio this will be
just properties of objects.

NOTE: Ask self, how RDBMS solve this tasks now?
    ANSWER IS: they just use additional, usually small tables.

So benefits are obvious!
    We get small number of tables
    We avoid joins
    We get DBMS System which KNOW that this is property of this object.

> Now once I start nagging you guys about it I am sure you will come up
> with a much better solution on the subject of data-security. But
> UNTIL you do, I can use properties (well maybe not, but there ALWAYS
> will be stuff that is linked to the way a developer works, where
> object properties will be usefull).

Right. The best security must be built-into engine.