[V4RB] No PPC app from UB machine

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Thu Oct 25 08:50:10 CDT 2007

On 2007-10-25, at 15:19, Joseph Morgan wrote:
>> For the last months I know only one small issue of V4RB only on
>> windows and this was when a "illegal datetime" made his way in a
>> field (don't ask how, it is normally impossible!) and you then try
>> to access this value with ....DateField() but this was fixed
>> within hours.
>>
> Not sure what you mean. What was the datefield problem and how did
> you fix it? I have a datevalue problem with
> the vrbdatabase class where it doesn't return a proper date value
> when accessing like this:
> Dim rs as recordset
> rs.idxfield(1).datevalue.shortdate

AFAIR I've written you some mails regarding the issue you mentioned
above and how to avoid or solve it.

I talked about another issue. There was (probably) due to an import
of mySQL data and wrong formats and ... (probably some more reasons)
date values like "01-01-0004 31:00:00..." or something like this
(only a sample!) in the DB and when using the Valentina Functions in
V4RB to access these values the app crashes. After fixing the wrong
values in the DB using VStudio the issue no longer comes up and
furthermore it was immediately fixed by Paradigma.

THIS was not a big issue but the one and only case I could remember
where a valentina-related issue caused a crash on PC and not on Mac!
Furthermore I want to point out, that this issue was caused by
malformed values that could never be entered in the db in a common way.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany