[V4RB] No PPC app from UB machine

Joseph Morgan joseph at checkos.com
Thu Oct 25 08:19:09 CDT 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 2:58 AM, Thorsten Hohage wrote:

> While there was some other issues with kept me away form 2007r4, I
> did several builds with RB2007r3 and the several available Versions
> of Valentina (up to 3.4) of Windows applications on my Mac Intel
> and they all works.
>
> There are several hard issues with RB apps running on Windows, when
> you develop and test on Mac. For some even remote debugging a
> windows version would not help, only compile app and test it on
> windows.
Yup, I experienced this already but not with valentina problems. I
can remote debug from mac to pc and get no errors.
But like you said compile & deploy from mac to pc, then you get
errors. This is a troublesome bug in realbasic.

> One nominate for "worst issue on windows" IMHO is the hard crash,
> if you open a network socket in during the app open event to
> earlier in the event chain. But all these issues are clearly not
> related to Valentina.
Haven't seen this one yet.

> For the last months I know only one small issue of V4RB only on
> windows and this was when a "illegal datetime" made his way in a
> field (don't ask how, it is normally impossible!) and you then try
> to access this value with ....DateField() but this was fixed within
> hours.

Not sure what you mean. What was the datefield problem and how did
you fix it? I have a datevalue problem with
the vrbdatabase class where it doesn't return a proper date value
when accessing like this:
Dim rs as recordset
rs.idxfield(1).datevalue.shortdate

> So to say it clear, using RB2007r3 and Valentina 3.4, there are no
> build issues of windows builds on a Intel Mac.
Maybe, I'll go back a version and check it out...

Joseph