[V4RB] No PPC app from UB machine

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Thu Oct 25 02:58:25 CDT 2007

On 2007-10-25, at 08:52, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 24/10/07 11:38 PM, "billmounce at comcast.net"
> <billmounce at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> The PPC and Windows versions that are distributed
>> come up with the assertion error (they can't find the plugin).
>> When I compile
>> the app on a PPC machine and distribute it the same way as above,
>> all is fine.
>
> You know, I have not test self compile win on MA C INTEL,
> But it sounds like REALBasic bug.
>
> If THE SAME V4RB.rbx compiles WIN fine on MAC PCC,
> Then why you think its Valentina bug if MAC INTEL RB fails compile
> it ?

> Of course it is good resolve this issue.
> But again it sounds like RB 2007r4 bug. Report them.
> Try other version of RB, e.g. 2007r2 was stable.

While there was some other issues with kept me away form 2007r4, I
did several builds with RB2007r3 and the several available Versions
of Valentina (up to 3.4) of Windows applications on my Mac Intel and
they all works.

There are several hard issues with RB apps running on Windows, when
you develop and test on Mac. For some even remote debugging a windows
version would not help, only compile app and test it on windows. One
nominate for "worst issue on windows" IMHO is the hard crash, if you
open a network socket in during the app open event to earlier in the
event chain. But all these issues are clearly not related to Valentina.

For the last months I know only one small issue of V4RB only on
windows and this was when a "illegal datetime" made his way in a
field (don't ask how, it is normally impossible!) and you then try to
access this value with ....DateField() but this was fixed within hours.

So to say it clear, using RB2007r3 and Valentina 3.4, there are no
build issues of windows builds on a Intel Mac.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany