[V4RB] No PPC app from UB machine

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 25 01:52:03 CDT 2007

On 24/10/07 11:38 PM, "billmounce at comcast.net" <billmounce at comcast.net>
wrote:

Hi Bill,

>> Forget about V4RB CARBON !!!
>>
>> If you use RB UB + V4RB UB ,
>>     and you work on MAC INTEL,
>>     then you need use ONLY V4RB UB and nothing else.
>>     POINT .
>>

> Ruslan,
>
> But this is the problem. When I use just UB,  I still need to compile a PPC
> version and Windows version.

Okay, windows is not problem.
Compile it. Then install VComponents_win from archive V4RB WIN.

> The PPC and Windows versions that are distributed
> come up with the assertion error (they can't find the plugin). When I compile
> the app on a PPC machine and distribute it the same way as above, all is fine.

You know, I have not test self compile win on MA C INTEL,
But it sounds like REALBasic bug.

If THE SAME V4RB.rbx compiles WIN fine on MAC PCC,
Then why you think its Valentina bug if MAC INTEL RB fails compile it ?

Note, its REALbasic asserts, right?

> Is anyone else having this trouble? If it is just me, then it can't be
> Valentina, and it would be helpful to know this.

Bill,

Lets step by step.

1) WHY YOU THINK that you need produce mac app as PPC ???

    All your clients use PPC MACs only ??????????
    I do not believe this.

In fact you need just take
    RB UB + V4RB UB
    and compile your app as UB.

This works? Then forget PPC ONLY way and be happy!

2) Your.APP for Windows compiled on MAC INTEL have troubles,
    but works if you compile on MAC PPC ???

Well, also not big show stopper, you can develop day by day on MAC INTEL,
and rarely to produce release build use MAC PPC. Right?

Of course it is good resolve this issue.
But again it sounds like RB 2007r4 bug. Report them.
Try other version of RB, e.g. 2007r2 was stable.