[V4RB] No PPC app from UB machine

Joseph Morgan joseph at checkos.com
Thu Oct 25 00:11:52 CDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 3:38 PM, billmounce at comcast.net wrote:

> But this is the problem. When I use just UB,  I still need to
> compile a PPC version and Windows version. The PPC and Windows
> versions that are distributed come up with the assertion error
> (they can't find the plugin). When I compile the app on a PPC
> machine and distribute it the same way as above, all is fine.
>
> Is anyone else having this trouble? If it is just me, then it can't
> be Valentina, and it would be helpful to know this.

I am having not exact but, similar difficulties. I am using
realbasic2007r4 so I am using
valentina for realbasic UB. But, I am compiling from mac ppc, not
from a UB mac...

What the ideal plan is this:
Develop and deploy to Mac PPC,Mac Intel,Windows and do all of this
from my mac ppc
without having to go to other computers for the build process. I
can't build on other platforms
because I am only registered for realbasic for mac.

I can compile for UB macs and my mac ppc(the computer I am developing
from) and windows
without problem when I follow the instructions in the website:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?
id=paradigma:public:en:documentation:v4rb:manual:deployment:deployment

But I follow the instructions for Deployment of V4RB PEF Applications
in the website
and I get the assertion errors when launching on the not UB macs
(can't find plugin).

Joseph