3 questions

Joseph Morgan joseph at checkos.com
Fri Oct 19 08:50:44 CDT 2007

On Oct 19, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Thorsten Hohage wrote:

> idxfield() return a REALBasic DatabaseField and for this there is
> no "shortdate" method defined for, perhaps with some undocumented
> function in RB (or overwritten by Valentina). "shortdate" is only
> defined for a variable of type Date. But if it is defined you
> expect here, that there is a value in idxfield and that this value
> is of type Date. Better try step by step with some variables to see
> what happens.
Yes it looks like instead of date value we are getting a date string.

> When working with VCursor you can access the fields with DateField
> () and you have the correct methods defined to get a Date from
> Valentina.
It will require a lot of re-working of my code. (I'll do it if I have
to)
I have a complete program that was originally written for mysql.
I decided to re-design it about a year ago but only decided to use
valentina about a month ago.

Joseph