Links and naming

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Sat Oct 13 16:27:27 CDT 2007

Hi,

still playing with links.

In this case I've got three tables contact, documents and (let's name
it) protocol. contact and documents should be clear by name,
protocoll is for storing creator, creation date, last change date,
last change user, last access date

Now EVERY "main" table should have a link to the protocol and for
simplifying things (and thinking of automatism and dynamics using
links in a framework) I want to do a

"select .... my_protocol->creator... from ..."

quite egal what "main" table is used, so I want the link in the owner
table to have always the same name, but obvious this isn't possible.

No other way - I searched in my protocol table and got some records.
But what need I to do now? Currently I became the information
"parent_class" and "parent_id" and can fetch the propitiate record
form the propitiate "main table". Is there a way to archive this
logic when using Links in Valentina?

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--