Vserver and Suse 9.3 libstdc++.so.6 problem

Kirill Pekarov kirill_pekarov at valentina-db.com
Fri Oct 12 12:45:45 CDT 2007

Hi, Martin.

Okay. I have installed SUSE 9.2 with already worked VServer.

What steps was been made:

1. At once after SUSE was installed I was go to the
www.valentina-db.com and download latest VServer build:
http://www.valentina-db.com/download/beta/3.5b2/vserver_office_3_lin.tar.gz

2. After unpack it into a some tmp directory I was set in the
install.sh the variable value "INSTALL_TOGETHER" to "YES". Change the path where
VServer will be placed and then run the install.sh.

3. After server was installed I was try to run it and got error about
libssl.so.5 was not found. Created symbolic link to the
libssl.so.0.9.7 with name "libssl.so.5" was resolve this versioning.

4. Then I've got error about libstdc++.so.6 was not found.
I was go to the http://rpm.pbone.net and here is in the "Advanced
Search" I type "libstdc" and enable check boxes "OpenSUSE",  "SUSE 9.x" and "SUSE
Other".

From the search result I was select next package:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=26&dist=23&size=302527&name=libstdc%2B%2B_41-4.1.0_20060408_Release-1.gbv.suse93.i586.rpm

So I was download and install it.

But this RPM install libstdc++.so.6 into the folder
(\usr\lib\gcc\i586-suse-linux\4.1.0\) where the loader can't
find it.

So then, I was copy it to the /usr/lib/ folder and run then ldconfig.

After this actions VServer was succesfully started.

So I have only one question.
From what place you get libstdc++ rpm and where I can take it?

May be the libstdc++ version 4.0.2 which is I used to build VServer is
different from which is you was install. So then we must review the system
requirements to the VServer.

Kirill Pekarov
Software Engineer Associate
Paradigma Software, Inc