[ORM]: faulting

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Oct 12 08:50:28 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,

On 2007-10-12, at 15:38, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 11/10/07 11:27 AM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com>
> wrote:
>
> At last of end we have come to this point.
>     Exists conditions and trad-offs. See my prev letter.
I know it all comes back to me, writing lengthy emails is good,
reading all the lengthy replies a lot of work, try to kept up with
all your answers, think about it, ... answering it.

> But in Valentina we work not with faults, but just return ArraySet
> of linked
> 2000 records. This is 2000 * 4 bytes = 8K.  Plus Valentina Server/
> Client
> compress packets >1Kb, so by network with go may be 2K only.
>
> So my point for you Thorsten
>
>     Try to start use in your ORM framework the Valentina API
> instead of SQL.
>     I underline, not Class way, but API way of Valentina.
>
> It now looks that you will get huge benefits comparing to SQL of
> Valentina,
> and then more to any other RDBMS.
> ^^^

I will check this features, too, and think about it.

You know my reason for initial switch to Valentina as fast as
possible and I did the transition of all my apps in a few weeks. And
I already told you back in January, that I'll look what I need to
change to benefit more from features Valentina offers.

But all the time my premize was to kept abstraction from db-vendor.
If I know think about a Valentina version of my framework, then yes
it make sense to leave the sql-way.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--