[ORM]: TYPES

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Thu Oct 11 06:10:27 CDT 2007

Hi,

start editing the subject to identify the different ORM threads

On 2007-10-11, at 08:31, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 11/10/07 1:55 AM, "Thorsten Hohage"
> <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:

> And our benefit is:
>     Valentina Class Way try be as close to Valentina engine as
> possible.
>     We not going help to Oracle developers :-)

Direct reply: When I start using Valentina you told to better use SQL-
way and not class way, so I build my Framework around the sql-way. Do
you now really mean that using the Class/API way is a good choice?

-

I think all this ORM discussion should hat two different aspects. One
his how to implement a Valentina-ORM in the typical Valentina way (as
good and as fast as possible) so in this sense we not talk about
Oracle developers.

But the other aspect is to really understand why are things done in a
way they are and in this case it would help to understand things,
when not only talking about Valentina developers, but although keep
the Oracle developers in mind.

My understanding is, that in many cases a good ORM should abstract
the application-level from the database-level, so that you're able to
switch between databases stressless.

A second argument for using ORM is that there are a lot of good and
well educated OO-developers out there, that are able to do a good
class design, but only a few 1st class DB designers. But this is NOT
my argumentation for an ORM.

But as already written in "common" ORM these days the db is only a
persistence layer with minimal set of operations.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany