[DISCUSSION] Object Relational Mapping (ORM) - faulting

Philip Mötteli philip.moetteli at econophone.ch
Thu Oct 11 02:51:50 CDT 2007

Am 11.10.2007 um 08:26 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> On 11/10/07 1:55 AM, "Thorsten Hohage"
> <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:
>
> I was told on Cocoa list, that its true that if table T5 has million
> records, then system prepare million small RAM objects for future
> faulting.
>
> IMO this is huge overhead.
> IMO this is limited way by hardware.
>
> So is this true that all million objects are prepared?

Yes.
But, objects, that collect other objects are collection objects. OO
is about reusing code. So a programmer shouldn't re-implement
collection objects. He should reuse the ones, that are already there.
Which means, that the persistence library can also replace them or
part of them, so that they use an optimized memory management.