SQL Confusion

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 9 10:09:52 CDT 2007

On 9/10/07 3:51 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

> So what we TRY to do is updating a record through a stored procedure
> The first PROBLEM is that we cannot obtain a lock inside a stored
> procedure so we just must try an update statement that will fail
> (generate an exception) if somebody else already has a writelock on
> this record.
> There is currently no way to SET a lock on a record from within the
> procedure.
> So the only way of updating a record from within the procedure seems
> to be trial and error. And that is something I don't like....

Bart.

Okay lets take on mySQL:

* then have only Client Side READ ONLY cursors.     Right?
    so using mySQL you can do SELECT
    get back COPY of all record to CLIENT computer.
    no any locks in db.

    But you cannot change this cursor.

* If you want CHANGE data you must now send INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE commands to
mySQL. Right?

Who prevent do the same with Valentina ?

So limit self to use only ClientSide cursors, which ARE ALWAYS read only.
And then use UPDATE/DELETE.

Problem Solved ?