BooleanField Indexed

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 3 12:26:54 CDT 2007

On 3/10/07 5:55 PM, "Ivan Smahin" <ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com> wrote:

>> why is a boolean field always indexed when I create it in VStudio.
>
>> When I create it in code and I do not specify Indexed it is created
>> without index (when looking at the table in VStudio)
>> It seems to me that this is correct. If I don't need an index on a
>> bool why create the overhead of maintaining an index (as VStudio does)?
>
>> Why the difference? What am I missing?
>
> Of course, it should be no difference.
> We  don't need index for boolean field at all thanks to special set of
> algorithms  for  this  kind  of  field. It would be waste of disk space
> only. So even trying to make such field indexed you get no index.
>
> Seems to be minor glitch but should be fixed.
> Please add request to Mantis.

Ivan, let me correct you.

Boolean field in Valentina
    * ALWAYS is marked indexed,
    * but DO NOT have index in fact on disk

This is because we keep fields and boolean filed in such way that it is as
effective as index or even better.

This is NOT glitch, and this is NOT bug.
This is PERFECT UNIQUE feature of Valentina !!! :-)

I have close that report in the Mantis.