BooleanField Indexed

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Wed Oct 3 09:55:47 CDT 2007

Hello Bart,

> Hi List,

> why is a boolean field always indexed when I create it in VStudio.

> When I create it in code and I do not specify Indexed it is created
> without index (when looking at the table in VStudio)
> It seems to me that this is correct. If I don't need an index on a
> bool why create the overhead of maintaining an index (as VStudio does)?

> Why the difference? What am I missing?

Of course, it should be no difference.
We  don't need index for boolean field at all thanks to special set of
algorithms  for  this  kind  of  field. It would be waste of disk space
only. So even trying to make such field indexed you get no index.

Seems to be minor glitch but should be fixed.
Please add request to Mantis.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc