Why not provide a VComponents-only installer??

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Wed Oct 3 02:42:13 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,

On 2007-10-03, at 08:46, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 3/10/07 1:06 AM, "Thorsten Hohage"
> <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Thorten,
>
>>> And how do I package them on a Windows Build machine for an Apple
>>> computer?
>
> Just NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS was not my question - I answered it in the same way you do now -
mind the quote level.

>> [SIDENOTE: @Ruslan: Why not provide a VComponents-only installer??
>> Currently one must download i.e. the RB-plugin and delete the RB part
>> after?]

> 2) and this way still not works
>
> Look, assume you have compile in RB the application
>
>     MyApp.app
>
> It depends on V4RB.dylib which always is in one place
>
>     MyApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/V4RB.dylib
>
> Problem is that even if we prepare VComponents with already
> installed paths
> to be at
>
>     MyApp.app/Contents/VComponents
>
> The V4RB.dylib still DO NOT know this path.
>
> Still must be runed bash script.

I mean it in a slightly different way. Install the VComponents in the
common path as on developer machines and don't change the created app
at all. So several different apps using Valentina can be used w/o the
VComponents inside.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--